At the end of the summer season, and typically over 3 (club) nights, the club hold its annual Age Championships – known as the Club Championships.
Eligibility Criteria apply as follows:
- Renewing members and new swimmers joining on or before 27 October 2020 must swim 8 Friday nights and 15 swims over these Friday Nights
- New members joining between 28 October – 15 December must swim 6 Friday nights and 12 swims over these Friday Nights
- New members joining between 16 December – 2 March 2021 must swim 4 Friday nights and 8 swims over these Friday Nights
- If a trial night was swum this night may count to the number of nights and swims required. To determine the eligibility criteria, the swimmer will be deemed to have joined the Club as of the date of their first trial night.
- Irrespective of the date joining, the swimmer must have swum an event they wish to swim at Club Champs at least once at Friday night races during the summer season.
Eligibility Criteria for swimmers aged 13 years and over (age 1 January 2021)
- Swimmers aged 13 years and over (age 1 January 2021) in National Performance or Age Performance squads may elect to meet the eligibility listed above or alternatively they may elect to meet the following criteria:
- Swim a minimum of 4 Friday Nights, and
- Compete at either the 2020-2021 State Age LC Championships or NSW State Open Water, and 2020 NSW Metropolitan LC Championships in one or more individual events, and
- Assist with the running of Friday Night Races on at least 2 occasions during the summer season, and
- If the swimmer subsequently enters Club Champs they must enter and swim a minimum of 4 events to be eligible for Club Championship awards and National subsidy awards.
Regardless of the eligibility pathway chosen, the swimmer must have swum the event(s) they wish to enter at Club Champs at least once at Friday Night Races during the summer season.
Swimmers opting for the reduced number of swimming nights (4 nights) will not be eligible for point score.
For those who haven’t quite completed the 8 nights due to extenuating circumstances you may appeal and ask for consideration to race. Please address all appeals to the Club Race Secretary via email firstname.lastname@example.org
Times achieved at Friday Night Races and at Club Age Championships will be ‘Official’ times only if an official referee and an official starter are present on the night and at least two timekeepers are on the swimmer’s lane. Under these circumstances all times achieved at these events are submitted to Swimming NSW for approval, and if approved can be used as official times.
Are via google forms and can be done at our FNR Entries and Results
Note: Times displayed on the scoreboard or in the Meet Mobile app are not official times.
- Only first claim Ryde Carlile and CST (Ryde Carlile heritage) members for the current season are eligible to compete.
- Finals will not be conducted. Placings will be based on fastest times.
- Competitors must swim in their own age group.
- Championship events will be held on the dates advertised.
- The Championships will be swum as per program of the day and will not be changed.
- Championship races will be conducted under the same rules as Swimming NSW.
- Championship entries (except 400 m Freestyle) must be lodged online. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- Championship entry times will be entered by the Club Race Secretary, and shall be the best time recorded during the current season prior to the closing date of entries.
- A swimmer must have swum the particular stroke and distance being entered at least once during the current season.
A swimmers age for Club Championships is ‘as at’ the first night of championships
Current club records are updated in April each year after the conclusion of our club age championships.
Entries open from 9am 01 January 2021. The last date for entries is February 2021
Reports used for Championships
Club Age Championship Records can be viewed in the 2020-21 RC Information Logbook.
Championship Age Groups & Events
|8yrs & under||50–100||50||50||50||100|
|9–11yrs||50–100–200||50–100200 (11yrs)||50–100200 (11yrs)||50100 (10 – 11yrs)200 (11yrs)||100–200|
|15–16yrs & over||50–100–200-400||50–100-200||50–100-200||50–100-200||100–200|
Championship Qualifying Times
|10 years||100m Fly||1.40|
|11 years and over||200m Breaststroke||3.35|
|11 years and over||200m Backstroke||3.14|
|11 years and over||200m Butterfly||3.25|
|11 years and over||400m Free||6:30|