Lets Go Racing
If you are interested in competitive swimming over and above Club race nights, the following progression is offered:
- Ryde Carlile hosted meets
- Inter-club meets
- Metro North West Area Meets & Championships
- NSW Metropolitan Championships
- NSW State Championships
- Australian National Championships.
Events are held over Short Course (SC), Long Course(LC) and the very very long; Open Water (2.5km, 5km and 10km).
Metro North West Area Championships, NSW Metropolitan Championships, NSW State Age and NSW State Open Championships and Australian National Age and Open Championships have qualifying times.
Qualifying times and programs for these meets are published on the Metro NW, Swimming NSW and Swimming Australia websites respectively and our Targeted Swim Meet Calendar or via the Team App
For meets with qualifying times, a swimmer may only enter events for which they have achieved the advertised qualifying time. Enquiries should be addressed to the Competition Race Secretary.
Meet entry is generally via online entry. The meet program will specify the form of entry to use and any other conditions relevant to entering a meet.
Where a meet specifies online entry, the responsibility for entering the meet lies with the swimmer or their parent/guardian by the due date. The Competition Race Secretary does not submit online entries on behalf of swimmers. To enter online the swimmer must have met the qualifying time for the selected event. Payment for online entries is generally by credit card.
For inter-club meets entry well before the due date is recommended as these meets close once the entry limit is reached. This may occur before the advertised closing date. Entry to Area, State and National Championships can be made up until the advertising closing date. No late entries will be accepted.
Closing dates for Ryde Carlile Swimming Club targeted meets will be advised to the membership by email. Targeted Meets are listed on the website.
The club enters relay teams in various competitions, for example, Area, State, Nationals and other outside meets. If a swimmer wishes to be considered for a Club Relay Team it is their responsibility to ensure that they:
- have done suitable swims during the qualifying period over 50 m, 100 m and 200 m in freestyle, breaststroke, backstroke or butterfly as applicable, at an approved meet, and
- are available for a swim-off should this be necessary.
The Relay Selection Committee is:
- Competition Race Secretary
- Club Coach (depending on Age/Squad)
Long Course and Short Course Times
NSW Championship Entry Times are related to the Course in which the Meet will be conducted.
The following rules apply for qualifying purpose:
- When qualifying for Long Course Championships, swimmers can use either a Long Course or Short Course qualifying time, however if entering using a Short Course time, their entry time will be equal to the qualifying time for that event.
- When qualifying for Short Course Championships, swimmers can use either a Long Course or Short Course qualifying time.
NOTE – Australian Open Short Course Championship entry times must be achieved in a 25m pool. A time in a 50m pool is acceptable without any conversion factor. Australian Age and Open Long Course championship times must be achieved in a Long Course pool.